Friday, September 17, 2010

Cyclocross




I tried another new event: cyclocross. I watched it in person last year and it looked like something I would enjoy. I decided to try it this fall instead of running cross country. I borrowed a friend's bike and raced last weekend. It was very hard anaerobically and technically challenging since I don't have much of a cycling background, but I managed to not crash and finished 23rd out of 71 finishers in the Cat 4 open division. I haven't trained for this yet- in fact- haven't exercised much at all since the Lake Stevens 70.3 4 weeks ago. I did take one intro to cyclocross class where I learned how to properly mount and dismount the bike to get over barriers. I finally got my own bike, a Blue Norcross EX, which I named: Chuck Norris. (People fear him, other bikes want to be him.) My next race is tomorrow at Marymoor Park: Starcrossed. I'm excited and nervous- I still haven't trained, will be on a brand new bike, and should know a few other racers and spectators which is always added pressure. That's ok, I'm doing it for fun and a change, and to work on my bike skills.

No comments: