Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

2008. Wow. A fresh slate, empty training log yearning to be filled. Luckily I can enter something for today, which is a long standing goal. I hate to start the year with a "0" entry for January 1st. My coach emailed my workouts to me yesterday for the next 2 weeks. I had told her last week that I haven't been training a whole lot lately and she took that into account and has started me gradually. This will be good to ease back into a structured training program.

I ran 40 min today. It felt great and was fun to listen to an episode of "This American Life" on my iPod. Its such a great radio program and I haven't been good about keeping up with their podcasts. I'll try to now as I start running more. Usually I like to listen to music while running, but I want to get caught up on these podcasts and since my runs should be easy for a while I don't need extra motivation that music often provides.

Tomorrow I am scheduled to resume my master's swim group. Ugh- this is the part I've been dreading to get back to. I love the swimming, just don't enjoy getting up at 5:15am to hop in a cold pool. Need to make a strong effort to get to bed early tonight.

My motivation to train is improving. I'm starting to think about goals for my two half ironmans I have planned in July/August. Focusing on those goals will help me get out of bed and on the bike which is set up in the basement now.

I hope you find your motivation for 2008.

No comments: